Page Size

Wed Mar 29 08:59:44 PST 2006

John Bevan wrote:

> I want to set up a file to be able to fit an A3-size graphic.
> When I change  the page size in FM (Format-Page Layout - Page
> Size) and select A3 the dial ogue box shows 'Custom' (instead
> of 'A3') Firstly, why is this?.

Dunno. When I change to A3, close the Page Size dialog, and reopen it,
it still says "A3 Tabloid."

> Do I take it you can't switch page sizes on an ad hoc basis
> to deal with odd-sized content?

You can't mix page sizes in a file. Create a separate file for your A3
page(s) and set numbering properties appropriately.

As a general rule, the phrase "on an ad hoc basis" should be avoided in
all aspects of working with FrameMaker. :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer