Cross Referencing Multiple Book Files

Julie Leake jleake at unifocus-denver.com
Tue May 2 11:21:16 PDT 2006

Hi All!

I am creating Release Notes that need to cross-reference to files in
other books. For example, I have a new feature that I list in this file
and have cross-referenced to the full explanation in the Using manual.
The next new feature cross-references to the Configuration manual, etc.
After creating the Release Notes, PDF the cross-references don't work.

When I click on the link in the PDF, I get the message that "the
specified file config.pdf does not exist." When I generate the online
help, it says that there are unresolved xrefs (which are not unresolved
xrefs in the Frame file). I have updated the links, to no avail. I have
tried creating the PDF with all the book files and individuals files
open and I have tried it with only having the book files open. In the
PDF Setup dialog box, Links tab, "Create Named Destinations for All
Paragraphs" is selected. What am I doing wrong?

FrameMaker 7.0p579 - WWP for Frame v. 8.0.8.2296 - Windows XP

Thanks!
Julie