Exporting embedded graphics

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Fri May 5 11:52:25 PDT 2006

On 3 May 2006, at 18:48, Gutierrez, Anita wrote:

> I have a 100-page legacy book with embedded graphics (average 2 per
> page,
> PCX format).  Is there a way to export the graphics to individual
> files in
> some sort of batch operation?  And -- even better -- is there a way to
> convert them to linked graphics in the file without re-importing each
> one
> manually?
>
> Thanks for any wisdom.  I'm probably asking for way too much here.

In 1993, I wrote an AWK script that extracted EPS graphics from
FrameMaker files and spat them out one-by-one. That was on a NeXT
station.

You may be able to do something similar for embedded PCX files,
although FrameMaker may have converted them to FrameImage format.

Save your file as MIF and have a poke around.

Paul