Exporting embedded graphics

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri May 5 13:39:13 PDT 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006 10:48:22 -0700 , "Gutierrez, Anita"
<anita.gutierrez at sage.com> wrote:

>I have a 100-page legacy book with embedded graphics (average 2 per page,
>PCX format).  Is there a way to export the graphics to individual files in
>some sort of batch operation?

Yes.  You can do that with the free demo version of Mif2Go:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm
Choose any format (like Generic HTML), and in the .ini set:

[GraphExport]
ImportGraphics=Export

They will appear with names of form aaaannnn.pcx, where
aaaa is from the file name and nnnn is a number beginning
with 0001 for each file.  You can set how many letters
and numbers are used; see the User's Guide, par. 2.4.2,
"Replacing embedded graphics with referenced graphics".

>And -- even better -- is there a way to convert them to
>linked graphics in the file without re-importing each one
>manually?

Not with Mif2Go.  However, IIRC, Rick Quatro has a plugin
that does that.  I just looked on his site and don't see
it, but you might ask him directly:
  http://www.frameexpert.com/index.htm

HTH!