Conversion Insets to SFM

Jim Light jlight at pillardata.com
Mon May 8 08:30:10 PDT 2006

I need to create a conversion table to convert a non-structured document
to SFM. The files contain insets and I have not dealt with insets, yet,
so I have two questions:

I know that the spell checker and the Find/Change utility cannot search
insets, so I'm worried about how the conversion tool works with them. It
might pull them in, it might leave them as inset references, or it might
also ignore them. How does the conversion mechanism deal with insets?

My second question is: When I save a structured file as XML, if the file
contains a text inset, is this reference saved as a reference in the XML
file or is the content of the inset sucked into the XML file (or do I
have a choice)?

Thanks

Jim Light