Conversion Insets to SFM

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Mon May 8 09:56:18 PDT 2006

At 08:30 AM 5/8/2006, Jim Light wrote:
>I need to create a conversion table to convert a non-structured document
>to SFM. ... How does the conversion mechanism deal with insets?

Jim,
   Since text insets remain text insets when a document is structured, the
conversion table cannot change the imported content. In particular, it
cannot specify an assignment of elements within them. It can wrap a new
element around them. Use the code TI: in the first column of the conversion
table to specify text insets.

>My second question is: When I save a structured file as XML, if the file
>contains a text inset, is this reference saved as a reference in the XML
>file or is the content of the inset sucked into the XML file (or do I
>have a choice)?

That depends on the type of text inset. An XML text inset is saved as an
entity reference; other text insets are converted to text on export.

         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284