Page Number in Paragraph Style

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue May 9 11:19:05 PDT 2006

You build headers or footers directly in the header or footer frame
on the Master Page rather than through the autonumber properties
of the Paragraph Designer (which is intended for paragraphs in the
body of the document rather than on the Master Page).

Each FrameMaker system variable is valid only in a specific defined
context. For example, the Table Continuation and Table Sheet
variables are only valid if the insertion point is in a table, and the
Running H/F variables are only valid when the insertion point is in
a background frame (e.g. a header or footer frame) on a Master
Page. The <$pagenum> and <$curpagenum> variables are simply
not valid in autonumbering formats, which is why they are displayed
as literal strings.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ