Page Number in Paragraph Style

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue May 9 11:31:57 PDT 2006

Hales-Crotchett, Nicole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up a paragraph format to use for my footer that contains
> the page number and my company's required document label. When I try to
> use <$pagenum> (or <$curpagenum>, or if I paste in the <$curpagenum>
> variable) in the autonumber format for the style, and place the footer
> on the master page, I don't get the page number (just the text
> "<$pagenum>" or "#"). Any tips?
>
> Frame 7.1, Windoze.

Background text frames (such as your footer) behave differently from
Body page text frames. Rather than putting the doc label and page number
in the pgf tag, just type it in the footer text frame and insert the
Current Page # variable (from Special > Variable) where you need it.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification
for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006
"The smartest export Canada ever sent to the United States."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5