managing condition tags

Rene S. rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 10:32:45 PDT 2006

Hi All,

First, a big thank you for all the previous answers to my posts! The
knowledgebase held by the users of this list is one of my most valuable
resources. I have received more time-saving and insightful tips here than
anywhere.

Our department is growing by leaps and bounds, and we have the opportunity
to help set up a new documentation team. We can use our templates as a
springboard for the new team, but I would like to clean out all the
condition tags and variables that they won't be needing. I have set up a
dummy doc in the template book that uses only the condition tags and
variables that are needed in the new templates. I then used Toolbox to
remove the unused user variables from the book's variable catalog. Now, I'm
just left with...what to do to clean out the Conditional Text catalog....

Is there a similar tool that will clean out the unused condition tags? If
not, is there at least a tool, plugin, or FrameScript that can provide a
report of all the condition tags used in the book? I think it is possible,
because View > Show/Hide Conditional Text does display all the tags in the
book. I can use FindChangeFormatsBatch to remap the unnecessary condition
tags to different tags or to a single tag, but then I'd have to open each
template file to manually delete each unnecessary condition tag, one at a
time.

Surely one of my colleagues has handled this situation adeptly in the past
and can point me in the right direction...?

Thanks!
Rene Stephenson