Some Table Questions

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Thu May 11 21:54:02 PDT 2006

Eric,

You wrote:

>... It used to be that the sort function only sorted text and markers were
>lost. When was that oversight corrected? Because when I demonstrated the
>function, markers stayed with their paragraphs.

Cross-reference markers present in the table are deleted when the table is
sorted (so cross-references pointing to paragraphs which reside in a table
become unresolved after sorting) -- still present in FM7.2.

>Also, for table formatting. Is there any way to copy custom shading and
>ruling from one cell to another?

The custom cell itself can be copied and pasted. Or the "Show Current
Settings" function (Custom Ruling and Shading dialog box) may be used to
determine what the properties are.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat