Automate Outline Object

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Tue May 16 08:04:18 PDT 2006

Hi Don,

FrameScript would certainly pay for itself with this job alone. If you
decide to try it, here is the code to add a 1 point border to all of the
imported graphics on body pages in the document.

If ActiveDoc = 0
  MsgBox 'There is no active document.';
  LeaveSub;
Else
  Run ProcessDoc oDoc(ActiveDoc);
EndIf

Sub ProcessDoc
//
Set oGraphic = oDoc.FirstGraphicInDoc;
Loop While(oGraphic)
  // See if the graphic is an imported graphic.
  If oGraphic.ObjectName = 'Inset'
    // See if the graphic is on a body page.
    If oGraphic.Page.ObjectName = 'BodyPage'
      Set oGraphic.Pen = FillBlack;
      Set oGraphic.BorderWidth = 1pt;
    EndIf
  EndIf
  Set oGraphic = oGraphic.NextGraphicInDoc;
EndLoop
//
EndSub

Without FrameScript, you could save your documents as MIF and use a text
editor to add the border. See the online MIF Reference for the syntax
details.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267