Sidebar texts

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue May 16 09:53:05 PDT 2006

I need to put some (tinted) call-out text in a sidebar (as opposed to the full text page span). I'm just checking to be sure that there isn't any more elegant method than the following (which I don't classify as elegant - although I see it's the suggested method in the User Guide):

. Insert an anchored frame using the 'Run in' option.

. Place a text frame in the anchored frame

. Create a one-cell table in the text frame

. Place text in the cell

. Size/position everything to be neat

The results of this looks entirely acceptable, and provides a simple way to create a reversed-out heading if required, but it's fiddly. What is really needed is for FrameMaker's table options to include text wrap. One day...
--
Steve