Outsourcing: Was Release Date for FrameMaker 8?

Bureeda Bruner bureeda at paragoninnovations.com
Tue May 16 11:34:57 PDT 2006

Just a "minor" point of semantics: outsourcing and "offshoring" (outsourcing
to another country) are two very different things.

Anyone who has done consulting work has engaged in supporting their client's
outsourcing effort. The consulting firm where I learned the ropes as a
technical writer was based in Dallas and all our clients were large firms,
many of them global.

I now work for a leader in the product development outsourcing industry.
We're located in Plano, Texas, and all our work is done here.

Although, interestingly, several of our clients have headquarters abroad.
The reality is, we work in a global economy. Superior work will prevail, as
it always has, over poor work.

I would also agree that the central (although by no means the only)
motivation for outsourcing in most businesses is increased profit. And I
agree that I don't see a lot of profits passed on to consumers (refer to
your local gas pump for more info).

Bureeda Bruner
Paragon Innovations, Inc.
Phone: 972-265-6000
email: bureeda at paragoninnovations.com
Website: www.paragoninnovations.com
Success Stories: www.paragoninnovations.com/ng/success.shtml
Embedded systems design from start to success