Release Date for FrameMaker 8

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Wed May 17 02:01:15 PDT 2006

On 16 May 2006, at 14:42, David Creamer wrote:

> Acrobat 8 is supposed to be out by the end of the year. I would
> imagine it
> will support importing/imbedding of Flash files.

My inside Adobe source tells me that it will be Acrobat 9 that will
have full integration with Flash because Adobe and Macromedia engineers
have only been able to talk to each other since the deal was sealed in
December 2005 and Acrobat 8 is well into it's current development
cycle.

Apparently, we'll also see Macromedia 9 and GoLive CS3 before one or
the other is dropped and the best of both is melded into one super Web
authoring tool.

FrameMaker 8.0 will be released on Monday 11 September. And that's
official.

Over and out,

Paul