Acrobat and Flash (was: Release Date for ...)

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed May 17 03:41:19 PDT 2006

David Creamer wrote:

>Acrobat 8 is supposed to be out by the end of the year. I would imagine it
>will support importing/imbedding of Flash files.

Integration may be improved, but Flash can be linked (web/local) or
embedded in Acrobat, starting with Acrobat Professional 6.

See a sample PDF at http://www.microtype.com/showcase/MultiMedia_Acro6.pdf
(96K) with a link to a tutorial (web-based SWF) at the bottom-right corner
of page 1.
[Some of the other web-based files linked in this sample PDF are currently
not accessible.]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat