Word & Long Docs (WAS re: Career advice-- focus on FM or Word?)

Grant Hogarth Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Fri May 19 07:34:13 PDT 2006

Here is a recent piece from informit.com's "Productivity Applications"
articles (http://tinyurl.com/pt6fr) on working with long docs.
Obviously, we won't agree on all of the tips, but hey -- one size does
not always fit all!  <g>

Grant
Word 2003: Six Slick Tricks for Long Docs

If you've ever juggled really long documents in Word, you know that they
can cause problems, particularly in the last-minute run for a deadline.
Laurie Rowell tells you how to manage these monsters, reduce stress,
finish faster, and minimize lockups.

Tips:

1.	Draft a Set of Specifications
2.	Use Outline View
3.	Use a Master Document
4.	Navigate with "Big Picture" Tools
5.	Trim the Size of Graphic Content
6.	Trim Versions and Saves

LINK: <http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=467167>

Source: informit.com's Productivity Applications Articles
<http://www.informit.com/articles/index.asp?st=41293&l=1>