Find not Finding

Petersen, Oran C oran.c.petersen at boeing.com
Mon May 22 09:24:43 PDT 2006

On this forum a few months ago I learned that the problematic MS Word
"hidden control character" can be found and destroyed by typing "\x0d"
(zero, not Oh) in the find/change box and changing it to nothing. This,
for my purposes, seems to do the same thing as the MIF cycle described
below, and is faster. You will most likely find one of these characters
for each paragraph in the document. Whenever I open a Word file in
Frame, or paste content from Word, this find/change operation is the
first thing I do, and all is good after.

A second trick I often use is to "Paste Special" text, which also strips
the garbage from the incomer and keeps your Frame file cleaner.

Oran

Message: 12