CMYK problems

Daniel Osborn Daniel.Osborn at tomtom.com
Fri May 19 08:52:23 PDT 2006

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who gave me help and advice with this one. Thought
you might be interested to know how it finished.

In the job options, I set the Color Management Policies to Convert All
Colors to CMYK. I didn't do any post-processing on the pdf file and the
printer is very happy with the result. The red is not perfect (M 93 Y
81), but I'm willing to accept that if the printer is happy and the
result is good.

Thanks,
Daniel

Original problem:

Framemaker 7.2p158
Acrobat Pro 7
Using Quite a Box of Tricks to convert pdf files to CMYK
In FM, the colours are defined like this:
Black   K 100%
Red     M 90%  Y 86%
Grey    K 30%
And I have some text in an .eps image which is defined as K 100%.

In the pdf the colours have these values:
Black   C 75%  M 68%  Y 67%  B 90%
Red     C 3%    M 100%  Y 100%
Grey    C 21%  M 16%  Y 16%
And the black text in the .eps image is C 75%  M 69%  Y 62%  B 75%

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other information.