Table Continuation Variable?

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Fri May 19 09:13:28 PDT 2006

All,

If I have a table that spans more than one page, I naturally use this
variable in the Table Title. Well, we have a new editor on board that came
from a journalism background, not software documentation background, and
her mantra is "nice, tight copy" . . .So, no it's not copy - it's
technical procedures and although I don't believe any extra verbiage
either, table continuation seems to be a critical one to me. I have
actually had some reviewers not recognize that a table continues (they
thought one table was multiple tables) until I used this variable. I am
digging my heels in on this one (I have given to a few others just so that
I can hold my ground on what I feel is really important).

Generic thoughts - do you use or not use this variable for tables that
span multiple pages and why or why not?

Thanks,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening