FM 7.2 starts much slower than 7.1

peter at galley.ie peter at galley.ie
Fri May 19 09:13:51 PDT 2006

There is a similar set for FM 7.1 too.

Peter

Original Message

When I received my FM7.2 upgrade I knew it was supplied with a new set of fonts so I looked on the CD but couldn't find
them anywhere.

After inspecting my FM7.2 installation I found them all lurking in \Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.2\fminit\fonts\Adobe.

I then attempted to install the fonts from there using the Windows "Fonts" control panel. After some puzzlement I
eventually realised they were "Private Fonts" which could only be used in FM 7.2. They are clearly loaded by FM during
program startup and thus lead to the extended startup time.