Find not finding

Shmuel Wolfson sbw at actcom.com
Mon May 22 07:03:44 PDT 2006

   You can use PureText to paste the text in without formatting. It's faster
   than pasting into Notepad, and is the equivalent.
   --
   Regards,
   Shmuel Wolfson
   Beck, Charles wrote:

Hi Guy,

OK, I checked with the writer in question, and he reported that what he
did was a copy-and-paste operation. But, to avoid the selection coming
in as an embedded Word object, he selected "Paste as Special" and then
selected the "Text" option. He was under the impression that that would
bring it in as plain (ASCII) text, but apparently not so.

We are using Frame 7.0, so I can't say whether this same kind of problem
still exists in later versions. I rather suspect it does, though.

Because we have a site license for Mif2Go, our writer is downloading and
trying Jeremy's "Wash Via MIF" plugin, even as we e-speak.

Personally, I have always just copied from Word, pasted into a temporary
Notepad doc, and then copied-and-pasted from there. That ensures that I
get clean text, though it does necessitate retagging the text copied in.
(However, since copying-and-pasting directly from Word usually
necessitates paragraph retagging anyway, this does not add that much
more to the process...) More time consuming, but safer, in my
experience. I haven't tried Jeremy's plugin yet.

HTH,
Chuck