Printing CE character tcaron to PDF

Laura_J_Kirk at bd.com Laura_J_Kirk at bd.com
Mon May 22 08:37:35 PDT 2006

I have fought the CE font battle for many months. I found a Knowledge Base
article on Adobe.com that suggests this problem can be resolved by
downloading the current version of Postscript from Adobe and installing it
on your computer. (Try URL
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324972.html if you wish to view the
article yourself.)

I did this, and have been able to create PDFs containing all CE
characters. The annoying part is, I have to choose different Postscript
printers for different languages, one printer for Hungarian, a different
one for Czech. Still, once I figured out which printer to use, the results
are consistent.

Hope this helps.

ljk
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

framers-bounces+laura_j_kirk=bd.com at lists.frameusers.com wrote on
05/19/2006 11:03:54 AM:

> Hello all,
>
> we managed to get the proper CE characters in FrameMaker (XML), but
> now the tcaron won't print to PDF. It prints to our postscript
> printer, but in the pdf there is an empty space. We print to adobe
> pdf (Acr. 6) printer. What can be the cause it won't print? Used
> font is HelveticaNeue55CE
>
> thanks!
>

> Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,
>
> Wim Hooghwinkel wimh at scriptware.nl
> DTP and XML Management
>
> Scriptware bv http://www.scriptware.nl <http://www.scriptware.nl/>
> tel : +31 (0)23 548 48 84
> fax : +31 (0)23 548 48 85
> http://www.scriptware.nl <http://www.scriptware.nl/>
> info at scriptware.nl info at scriptware.nl
>

>  <http://www.scriptware.nl> Scriptware    Translation <http://www.
> scriptware.nl/services/default.aspx?xref=translation>  |  DTP <http:
> //www.scriptware.nl/services/default.aspx?xref=publishing>  |  Technical
 <
> http://www.scriptware.nl> Writing |  Content Management <http://www.
> scriptware.nl/services/default.aspx?xref=cms>  |  Consultancy <http:
> //www.scriptware.nl/services/default.aspx?xref=consultancy>
> com/mailman/options/framers/laura_j_kirk%40bd.com
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A: This message may
constitute an advertisement of BD group's products or services or a
solicitation of interest in them.  If this is such a message and
you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or
solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to the
optoutbygroup at bd.com.
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for
the designated recipient(s).  It may contain confidential or
proprietary information and may be subject to attorney-client
privilege or other confidentiality protections.  If you are not a
designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute
this message.  If you received this in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank You