Need Help Mac to PC

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon May 22 08:55:47 PDT 2006

I would most STRONGLY urge you not to even consider use
of programs such as Fontographer to "convert" fonts from
Macintosh to Windows. First issue is license. Many end user
license agreements actually prohibit you from performing
that type of conversion (Adobe's font licenses do not have
such a prohibition). But more importantly, even if you do
know how to use a program such as Fontographer or Fontlab
(and the learning curve is exceptionally steep on these),
these programs when used as "converters" are lossy, meaning
that the resultant "converted" fonts will be slightly
different in both design and metrics. Bottom line is that
if exactly matching the fonts is important to you AND
your time is worth something, go out and license the
Windows versions of those fonts. By the way, you should
also consider OpenType fonts if you are changing fonts
anyway.

The connection between the latest Windows version of
FrameMaker and Acrobat is with Acrobat 6 and 7. If you
are making the investment in moving platforms, start
off without a hand tied behind your back using old
software versions.

	- Dov