numbering conundrum

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue May 23 07:03:02 PDT 2006

Good question - I forgot to mention this.  When I insert another one after
the second 7.1 (the incorrect one), I get a 7.2. I have turned on all my
conditions and have looked for any special/weird tag before the incorrect
7.1 tag and none are present. Also, I don't have any other tags that are
numbered with a series beginning with "s". , If I insert a second SecID
after the correct 7.1 or 7.2, the numbering is just fine. It's only after
I insert this secID tag after the 7.3 that renumbering starts. I am going
nutso' with this.

Thanks!

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
303-328-4420
tammy.vanboening at jeppesen.com

"Fred Ridder" <docudoc at hotmail.com>
05/22/2006 04:59 PM

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
cc

Subject
RE: numbering conundrum

What happens wne you insert another one after the second 7.1 (the
incorrect one)?  Do you get 7.2 or yet another 7.1?

Make doubly, triply sure that the numbering formula used for the offending
paragraph(s) uses the same series label--a capital S.  Series labels are
case-
sentitive, and if you inadvertently start a new series (say a lower-case s
instead of a capital) it will naturally and correctly start again at 7.1.

-Fred Ridder