PDF Generation question

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue May 23 09:51:00 PDT 2006

LOL! I will try squinting. To answer several questions:

1.) Nope, SecTitle is not in a separate text flow.
2.) Yep, the TOC in my Framemaker source book generates just as expected
with the SecTitles in the proper order under Chapter 7.
3.) Yep, I have tried regenerating my book after solving the numbering
problem and nope, same results - the tags are stuck as the last tags under
Chapter 6.
4.) Yep, I have tried the suggestion of nested numbering with zero-ing out
placeholders and nope, still doesn't put the SecTitle bookmarks under
Chapter 7 in the PDF.

I give!

Thanks!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
303-328-4420
tammy.vanboening at jeppesen.com

Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk>
05/23/2006 10:35 AM

framers at FrameUsers.com
cc
Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Subject
Re: PDF Generation question

At 09:55 -0600 23/5/06, Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com wrote:

>When I generate the PDF from the FM source file, I get the bookmark for
>ChapTitle for Chap 7 appearing; however, the other bookmarks that should
>appear underneath (SecTitle, Head1, etc.) are appearing underneath
Chapter
>6  - In other words, the top level SecTitles (with all of the Head1,
Head2
>below collapsed) are appearing in order, but as the last tags beneath
>Chapter 6.

This has long been a problem with bookmarks generated from FrameMaker
(since v 5.0 at least). I have long since given up trying to diagnose it,
and just edit the bookmarks in Acrobat.

I think if you look at it sideways with eyes narrowed, you'd see that it's
the top level bookmark that is misplaced, not the lower level ones ;-)

I'd also be interested in illumination.
--
Steve