PDF Generation question

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue May 23 09:35:22 PDT 2006

At 09:55 -0600 23/5/06, Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com wrote:

>When I generate the PDF from the FM source file, I get the bookmark for
>ChapTitle for Chap 7 appearing; however, the other bookmarks that should
>appear underneath (SecTitle, Head1, etc.) are appearing underneath Chapter
>6  - In other words, the top level SecTitles (with all of the Head1, Head2
>below collapsed) are appearing in order, but as the last tags beneath
>Chapter 6.

This has long been a problem with bookmarks generated from FrameMaker (since v 5.0 at least). I have long since given up trying to diagnose it, and just edit the bookmarks in Acrobat.

I think if you look at it sideways with eyes narrowed, you'd see that it's the top level bookmark that is misplaced, not the lower level ones ;-)

I'd also be interested in illumination.
--
Steve