Printing CE character tcaron to PDF

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue May 23 10:07:16 PDT 2006

Further information pointed out to me by my friend
Sarah O'Keefe of Scriptorium Publishing Services.

The latest update of FrameMaker 7.2, p158, provides
support for some additional characters when using
the code page mapping hackery:

The following is from the ReadmeForPatchp158.txt file
accompanying the update:

* Following is the list of characters added with their corresponding shortcuts.
* Character with	 Code	CodePage		Ansi Code	Shortcut	Standard Name
Hex Unicode Code

* 0403 Ѓ	\xa1  Windows1251(Cyrillic) 	0129		Control+q ! CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER GJE
* 040F Џ 	\xde  Windows1251(Cyrillic ) 	0143 		Control+q ^ CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER DZHE
* 0452 ђ 	\xdf  Windows1251(Cyrillic) 	0144 		Control+q _ CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER DJE
* 045C ќ 	\xfd  Windows1251(Cyrillic) 	0157 		Control+q } CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER KJE
* 0179 Ź	\xde  Windows 1250(Central Europe) 0143 	Control+q ^ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z WITH ACUTE
* 0165 ť	\xfd  Windows 1250(Central Europe) 0157	Control+q } LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH CARON
* 00B8 ¸ 	\xde  Windows 1257(Baltic)	0143 		Control+q ^ CEDILLA
* 00AF ¯ 	\xfd  Windows 1257(Baltic) 	0157 		Control+q } MACRON

You need to use an appropriate font to display these characters correctly. For using characters from, lets say, Cyrillic code page, you needs to use the corresponding cyrillic font, e.g., Times New Roman CYR.

	- Dov