Need Help Mac to PC

Mary Haas michael at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri May 19 09:11:11 PDT 2006

Hello Framers,
I will soon be converting my Mac Frame 7 documents to Frame 7 on the
PC. My Mac is getting old and the organization wants the jobs on PC.
My documents are both published (web-press) from high resolution PDFs
and posted on the web as Web-ready PDFs. With no other help available
to me, I am seeking advice from the Frameuser group.

Big issues:

Operating system:  Looks like I might be getting Genuine Windows XP
Professional, SP2, with Media XPP2E. Will this system work with Frame
7.0 (already purchased)? Any known problems?

Fonts: On the Mac I use only Adobe Postscript fonts (most often
Helvetica family) and have never had any problems.  What kind of
fonts should I buy for the PC that will always be reliable and
problem-free for printing and web? Font technology has changed since
my Mac fonts were purchased and my knowledge is not up-to-date.

Acrobat issues:  I currently use Acrobat 5 on the Mac. Are there
issues with newer Acrobat versions, and which version will work with
Frame 7.0 on PC?

Plug-ins:  I don't have any plugs-ins or other helpful software and
would like information about the most useful.

I would like to make this transfer as smooth as possible and would
greatly appreciate any help that you would like to share - even
horror stories. Not wishing to clog up the Frame list, you may
respond to my e-mail address on these issues.  Please use the subject
line Need Help Mac to PC. Thanks for helping.

Mary Haas
--

Mary Haas

Mary Haas <michael at mail.sdsu.edu>