What do you use for PDF Generation?

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue May 23 12:56:18 PDT 2006

A word of advice. Before you go loading up on el'cheapo
$9.95 PDF creation software, make sure that what it generates
is really kosher. We quite often see problems when these
PDF files "escape" the environment in which they were created
and attempts are made to either combine them with other PDF
files in Acrobat or to place them in FrameMaker, InDesign,
or elsewhere. Problems often manifest themselves as funky font
definitions with improper names and encodings that cause
chaos when attempts are made to repurpose those PDF files.
Just because those other employees are not publishing vast
tomes doesn't mean that they should have shoddy tools.

	- Dov