Importing tif error

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:05:16 PST 2006

As far as disk space goes... make sure her temp directory is also free
of dead files. Note that this isn't the same as memory -- it's space
for temporary files created when FM processes the .tifs.

The MIF... I don't use FileMaker. But I'd be really surprised if it
was generating a proprietary FM/Adobe format file, which is what the
.MIF is. You mention that it is a comma-delimited file, which also
isn't right. A tab or comma-delimited file may define a table or a
database, but that format doesn't map to .MIF all by itself. FM,
however, can import that kind of file as text and then you can convert
it to a table...

So you may want to dig a little deeper and find out exactly what's
happening with the FileMaker file and how it's being used/imported.

Art

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358