Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 01:39:21 PST 2006

At 16:42 -0800 3/11/06, Dov Isaacs wrote:

>No, Adobe Reader really isn't a "stand-alone program that
>can co-exist in multiple versions."

Ok, fair enough. You should know. It just looks that way on the Mac.

>Installation of Reader includes browser plug-ins, icon-handlers,
>file associations, registry entries, etc. all of which are
>candidates for conflicts.

Yeah, Windows sounds like a real minefield ;-)

>Installation of Reader includes browser plug-ins, icon-handlers,
>file associations, registry entries, etc. all of which are
>candidates for conflicts.

Right.

>For the full Acrobat product, the web is even more tangled with
>PostScript driver plug-ins, port monitors, etc.

Hmmm. Voluntarily 'upgrading' a working Ps workflow sounds risky, as this stuff is mission-critical for a lot of people. But then, being on FrameMaker for Mac, I'm stuck with the AdobePS driver under Classic - which works ;-)

--
Steve