Frame on PC = upgrade the Graphics Card?

James Dyson jdyson at kvh.com
Mon Nov 6 09:42:11 PST 2006

Yes, the graphics are on a server, but we haven't ever noticed any slow
data rates in the past. We can't move the graphics to our local machines
and we can't move Frame to the server, so we are stuck with this
configuration. The only delays come the first time a graphic is loaded.
After I've scrolled through a document all the way (and that can take
quite some time), it's fine.

I don't this is due to some error since my supervisor is having the same
problem on his PC (which has nearly identical statistics to mine).

Here are some hardware stats in case they're helpful:

Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz, 2.39 GHz)
512 MB Ram
Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (isn't this a cheap imbedded
chipset?)
Windows XP