Arabic in Frame

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Nov 20 20:50:59 PST 2006

Simply stated, FrameMaker does not support Arabic or
any other "right-to-left" language including Hebrew
and Farsi. Although one can coerce Windows and
FrameMaker to access Hebrew characters of Unicode fonts
via various hacks, FrameMaker simply does not support
the entry of text from right to left or mixing of
right to left with left to right. Support for these
languages also requires support for extended ligatures,
contextual alternates, etc. which is not available in
FrameMaker.

	- Dov