Frame/Acrobat Installation

George Newfield georgen at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 16 20:09:29 PST 2006

Hi Framers,

I'm currently running Frame 6.0 and Acrobat Pro 6.0 on WinXP Pro and now wish to
install Frame 7.0 and Acrobat Pro 7.0. What is the recommended best practice method?

1. Fully uninstall both applications (first saving the frame.ini file for
future use)? (I presume this to be the "cleanest" choice.)

2. Install the new version over the existing version (probably not recommended)?

3. Maintain both versions by installing into a new folder (as long as both versions
are not opened at the same time)?

4. Change the executable name of the old version (i.e., framemaker.old), thhereby
disabling it and installing the new version in a different folder (similar to 3
above)? (Probably not advisable because of potential registry conflicts?)

Additionally,

5. Is the installation sequence important?

6. Should the printer driver be installed via Frame or Acrobat?

7. will the PDF creater in MS Word/Excell/Visio be lost and need to be manually
re-created?

8. Are there any other issues not to be overlooked (such as missing fonts)?

Many thanks,
George Newfield