Unexpected problem with straddling table cells

Pat Christenson pxenson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 09:46:36 PST 2006

Hi and thanks to all who replied -

Several people suggested it would be easier to just put the word
"Caution" in the autonumbering field and yes, that is the way we're
going to have to go. But it's not quite as simple as that. Here's how
the tables are set up:

First cell: Icon tagged "CautionIcon"
Second cell: Paragraph tagged "CautionHead"
Third cell: Paragraph tagged "Body"

Since straddling the 2nd & 3rd cell makes the "CautionHead" disappear,
we're left with a "Body" paragraph. As you can imagine, this is used in
lots of places, not just in Caution tables so it looks like we're going
to have to create a new tag "CautionText" with the word "Caution" in
the autonumbering field and apply that on a case-by-case basis when
converting to the new templates. Very tedious. If anyone knows of a way
around this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Pat Christenson