Headings (con't) in FM 7.2?

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 06:48:10 PST 2006

Indeed, I also think that a Running H/F is the best mechanism to do this.

This is how I do it:

1. I create a Left and Right master page with a separate background frame
for the Running Header/Footer.
2. The Running H/F looks like this:
<$paratext[parttitle,chaptertitle,sectiontitle,maptitle]>,
<z_continued>continued<Default ¶ Font>
Note: I use Information Mapping (IMAP) as a content model for this template,
hence the paratag <maptitle>. A "map" is a unit of information, and
corresponds more or less to a "topic". A "map" starts "Top of Page".
3. I create two dedicated master pages for maps: Right_maptitle and
Left_maptitle.
4. I "map" the paratag <maptitle> to the master pages Right_maptitle and
Left_maptitle and use the "Apply Master Pages" mechanism.

If a "map" becomes longer than one page, I will automatically get the
default Left or Right page with the Running H/F.

Pro: Your text flow cannot become polluted with "Continued" paragraphs.
Con: You cannot use master page overrides because they will be removed when
you reapply the master pages.

Good luck and best regards
--
Yves Barbion