More printer issues: half-tones

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 01:30:30 PST 2006

Further to my previous posting:

. I am defining some half-tones taken from FrameMaker's grays library and set to print as process. However, in the PDF they are still coming though as spot plates.

. It has been suggested to me that the way around this is to set the colors to print as 'Tint' rather than 'Process' in the Color Definitions dialog. However, when I change 'Process' to 'Tint' for 'Print As', the 'Add' and 'Change' buttons get grayed out and the change cannot be made.

What's going on here? How can I get defined grays to print on the K plate?

--
Steve