More printer issues: half-tones

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 02:10:42 PST 2006

At 09:30 +0000 23/11/06, Steve Rickaby wrote:

>Further to my previous posting:
>
>. It has been suggested to me that the way around this is to set the colors to print as 'Tint' rather than 'Process' in the Color Definitions dialog. However, when I change 'Process' to 'Tint' for 'Print As', the 'Add' and 'Change' buttons get grayed out and the change cannot be made.

And further to my further... the tints idea doesn't work. A color defined as 10% black tint still creates a spot plate in PDF.

So I now have a generic problem: how to define grays such that they print on the K plate. You may be wondering why I don't just use tints directly in FrameMaker (which *does* print to the K plate). The answer is that they can be applied to graphics, table cells, whatever... but not text. The only way to create grayscale text appears to be to define a separate color.

--
Steve