Acro 7 Pro dies without warning

John Pitt john at pitt.net.au
Fri Nov 24 03:10:55 PST 2006

Mark,

I wasn't absolutely certain that I had followed the correct procedure as
you outlined -- so I reinstalled, and checked for rogue traces of old
installations, etc., again.

But it is the same story. On my home login, Acrobat dies about 60
seconds after opening; at the only client site I have visited since
being afflicted, it is about 10 seconds.

Distiller works fine -- but I can't do anything to my PDFs once they are
made. And I bought 7 so I could take advantage of its ability to compile
referees' reports, etc.

jjj

--
John Pitt, technical writer