Acro 7 Pro dies without warning

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Nov 24 07:22:41 PST 2006

Hi, John:

I haven't been following this thread closely, so apologies if this was
already mentioned. I had a similar problem some time ago, which I traced
to Acrobat invoking automatic update during the start-up sequence. The
Catch-22 was that if Acrobat quit during start-up, it wasn't possible to
turn off auto-update in Preferences...until I tried turning off my
Internet connection, so the auto-update couldn't contact Adobe's server.
This let Acrobat start, after which I turned off the auto-update option,
and reconnected the Internet. The problem didn't recur.

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices