Creating x-refs to files using a relative path - SOLUTION FOUND!!!

Janice Cadel jcadel at hns.com
Tue Nov 28 13:35:32 PST 2006

First I want to thank Rick Quattro, Fred Ridder, and Jan Patterson for
helping me out.  The solution provided by Rick Quattro was successful.  In
a nutshell, here is what we needed to do:

Because the files needed to remain in the relative path in which the PDFs
were created, we saved each book file to the same folder location. This
folder was a a level higher than the folders holding the frame files that
made up the chapters of each of the books. We created our PDFs of each of
the books in that folder.  That meant all the PDFs were co-located in the
same folder.  We were able to copy the PDFs to a different folder, once
again co-locating them in the same folder. The links remained linked.

Janice
Janice Cadel
Principal Technical Writer/Editor
Hughes Network Systems, LLC