Imported graphics not exporting to XML: update

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Nov 28 14:06:00 PST 2006

At 06:41 AM 11/28/2006, Steve Rickaby wrote:
>After half a day of documentation thrashing and cerebral overload, I think
>I now know part of the reason for this: I should have included a filepath
>attribute in the EDD for imported graphics. Adding one at least gets a
>file id into the XML... even though I still get the error. Grrr.

Steve,
   No need for a FrameMaker attribute. When moving data between FrameMaker
and XML representations, the typical XML attribute does correspond to a
FrameMaker attribute. Some XML attributes, however, correspond to a
FrameMaker formatting property such as the number of columns in a table or
the filename of an imported image.
   As to why you cannot export the graphics, it could be because you do not
have an output filter that handles that format, because you don't have
write permission in the directory where graphics would be written,
or  other causes.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com           http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505     cell phone: (510) 421-2284