Query on paragraph prrperties for a specific sentence

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Wed Nov 29 06:34:03 PST 2006

In FrameMaker, text flow and positioning properties are associated
with named paragraph formats (paragraph tags) or applied to individual
paragraphs as format overrides (which are generally considered to be
a poor practice because they compromise your ability to change the
appearance of your documents by importing formats from templates
or other documents).

To set a paragraph to appear at the top of its column, start with the
insertion point in the paragraph in question.  Then open the Paragraph
Designer (Format>Paragraph>Designer or Ctrl+M) and choose the
Pagination property tab.  In the "Start" list box, choose "Top of
column".

But now comes the crucial step, which how you wish to apply this
formatting.  If the paragraph you are using for your "name of
person" string already has its own paragraph tag, you can click
"Update All" to associate the start at top of column property with
that paragraph tag and apply the formatting to all such paragraphs.
If the name string is in a paragraph that has some generic tag (e.g.
Body), you should define a new, specialized tag that incorporates
your formatting by clicking the Commands button and choosing
"New Format". Or you can take the quick and dirty approach of
applying the top of column property as a format override for this
specific paragraph by clicking the "Apply" button.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ