Clarification of table title problem.

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Oct 2 10:39:59 PDT 2006

I have noted a related (well, not really, but sort of!) problem with using
side-head columns and table. In some of my documents, the table title uses
both the side-head and the text column (the table number is in the side-head
in these documents).

When I make the table width small, the table title refuses to stretch over
the side-head column and stays in the main text column only - left aligned.
The table itself also moves over (i.e., does not stay left-aligned with
the edge of the main text column).

I have to force larger table columns - if you pick *just* the right number
for the column widths (or add some columns), the table title snaps over the
side- head column like I want and the table position adjusts itself to the
left edge of the main text column!

I hope I am describing this properly ... I can create a small text document
to show it, but I think this list software does not allow attachments.