Issue in Optimizing PDF size

Radha Padmanabhan radha_padma at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 22:38:40 PDT 2006

Hi,

  I use FM 7.1 with Windows XP.

  I got a 500 page FM Book with 16 files including TOC and Index. When I opened it was detected to be of version 5.5. I was also prompted to Optimize for PDF size during conversion to pdf. But when doing that (selecting the book), the files to which "Links are found" are opened. I press 'OK' to open all the files. But the operation fails telling

  [PDFSize]  Error: Cannot open file ama-pre.fm.
  Error: Cannot open file ama-pre.fm.
[PDFSize] Dumping Error Information

  If I Skip this file, same error is displayed for another file.
  What is wrong in what I am doing? How do I get the optimization done? Other than the size of PDF, how does it affect conversion to pdf.

  Thanks
Radha