Translation questions

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 04:09:14 PDT 2006

Alexandra,

as a French translator and technical writer using FrameMaker as well as
Trados, I totally agree with what other people have said on this issue : if
the translation company knows its job, you ought to send FM files in the
native language and have them sent back translated and perfectly laid out,
in FM format and with an updated TM (Translation memory).

Any change you might do in a file will appear clearly to the translator when
translating under Trados : you do not have to do anything (add change bars,
create Excel files with change records or whatever...) except send your
files and pay only for the translation of changed parts.

Yours,

Mathieu.