FrameLink

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue Oct 10 11:01:36 PDT 2006

FrameLink was a good product, and there was a separate version for
FrameMaker+SGML.  But Datalogics never did a version that worked
with the structured mode of FrameMaker 7.x.  Instead, they made a
decision that as of the spring of 2005 they were no longer supporting
the product. It's a dead end. Until our product group was sold by the
our parent company, we were still using FrameLink with FM7.1 in
unstructured mode, and living with the handful of bugs that still
existed
(Datalogics became *very* slow to respond to reported issues over the
last year or so that they were still nominally supporting FrameLink,
and we should have seen the handwriting on the wall). The company
that bought the product group is not planning to use FrameLink
because it is not compatible with their new FrameMaker 7.2 licenses
(multiple undo seems to have broken FrameLink compatibility) and
they don't want to go to the trouble of obtaining licenses to v7.1 (or
older) and staying locked in to that old version of the tool.

My opinion only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ