OS 9 Applications on Tiger

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Tue Oct 10 12:26:47 PDT 2006

    On 10 Oct 2006, at 07:00, fAnn Zdunczyk wrote:

> I have a G5 running Panther that I purchased several years ago. A
> purchased
> an upgrade for one of my applications and it requires OS 10.4
> (Tiger) to
> run. I was told by the Apple rep that Tiger would run my OS 9
> applications
> on this machine just fine. Since I do not have the New Mac
> technology, which
> I understand will not run OS 9 appications, I should be OK.
>
> So I am asking the people on this list that work on Macs if there
> are any
> problems that they have running into running OS 9 applications with
> Tiger. I
> know you all will tell me the UNVARNISHED truth rather than a rep
> trying to
> sell me the software.
>
> So please let me know of any problems that you have run into with
> Tiger.

There are a few additional issues to be aware of when running Mac
FrameMaker with Tiger, but, for the most part, it works well.

I have a page detailing issues at:
<http://www.fm4osx.org/classic.html>

For more "UNVARNISHED truth" and support, I suggest that you join the
FrameMaker for Mac OS X mailing list at: