Framers Digest, Vol 12, Issue 10

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Tue Oct 17 03:08:50 PDT 2006

On 11 Oct 2006, at 07:01, Steve Rickaby wrote:

> Correct. There was a campaign, thanks to Paul Findon, but it got us
> nowhere: http://www.fm4osx.org

Don't write it off just yet, Steve, the campaign is still very much
alive. Just last week I resubmitted over 400 pages of petition with
3,673 signatures to several key people at Adobe.

Admitedly, the campaign has not achieved its ultimate goal, but it
has been very successful at getting our message across to the people
that matter, i.e., top-level executives at Adobe, we did receive a
response from Adobe's Director of PR. Soon after, Adobe held a survey
for FrameMaker with the question: "do you want a Mac OS X version?"
Then, Adobe realized just what a jewel FrameMaker is and decided to
reinvest in it, with 7.2 released last year and 8.0 coming next year.

We also got our message across to top-level executives at Apple, who
very much want Adobe to come on board with FrameMaker for Mac OS X
and the issue has been discussed several times in Steve Jobs' office.
This was confirmed by a call I received from the head of PR for Apple
Europe.

We may not have achieved our ultimate goal, but I believe we have
been successful.

Paul
<http://www.fm4osx.org/>

PS: Have you checked out MadCap Software? They're developing an
alternative to FrameMaker called Blaze, which is scheduled for
release early 2007. It's Windows only, but interesting all the  same.
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/blaze/>