Question on external formats and question on TOC settings

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Oct 18 09:35:33 PDT 2006

Paul Pehrson wrote:
> Hello fellow Frame users,
>
> This is my first post to the list; I joined yesterday. I've been using
> Frame
> for about two years, but I only recently started a job where I'm a lone
> writer

Paul,

Welcome to the list. You've already received good answers to your
questions. I would also recommend that you get hold of a copy of
Classroom in a Book for Framemaker and work your way through it --
you'll be able to skip a lot that you already know, but it will help you
understand the processes involved in generated files like TOCs and
Indexes and other advanced features. You would probably also benefit
from reading the template primer available from Adobe at
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/tempseries/pdfs/primer.pdf

Dan Emory has written a good guide to templates as well, available at
http://www.microtype.com/resources/articles/TMPDESIN_DE.PDF

Lastly, if you're an STC member, you might consider joining the Lone
Writer SIG, http://www.stcsig.org/lw/

Best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5